© Don Marshall 2015
Gresley 61ft 6in side corridor composite. These were commonly seen on the LNER system.They were introduced in 1928 and the design was built until 1935. They lasted well into BR days so could be seen in the BR maroon with E prefixes to the number. This one was built in 1930. The wheels were not dark red - they were painted with teak paint. This soon turned black with dirt !!
Every LNER model layout should have at least one of these, or better still two!!
London & North Eastern Railway